When it comes to running your social media, schedulers will be your best friend. The days of waking up early to post something special for your clients on a different coast from you are gone, and the days of setting aside a day to just plan it out are here.
With the rise of schedulers came the rise of options. But which one is the best one for your business?
Hootsuite is one of the most widely used platforms there is. Companies big and small use it, and they have plans that recognize that — their largest plan allows for 35 different social profiles, unlimited scheduling, and 5+ users!
- Offers more platforms than Later (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Smallest paid plan offers unlimited posting
- Includes conversion tracking and customer targeting
- Includes analytics
- Does not allow carousel posting on Instagram
- Does not integrate with Linkin.Bio or LinkTree
- The interface is a little bit old fashioned
- To signup, you must enter payment details, which is a little odd, and you will be charged if you do not cancel (Update Feb 8: I forgot to cancel, and it was extremely inconvenient!)
Later came in a little bit later (ha) than Hootsuite did, but has quickly proven to be a competitor. While the scheduler was designed with businesses of all sizes in mind, it is mostly used by small to mid-size companies as well as creatives.
- Allows for carousel posting
- Ability to visually plan out Instagram posting
- Linkin.Bio integrates with Later as one of their products
- Learns about your followers are around and suggests when to reach them
- Ability to post Instagram stories
- Has a modern interface that is easy to navigate
- Reasonable pricing, but free plan is pretty good too
- Includes analytics
- To connect to your Instagram account, you must have the app on your device
- Stories cannot be scheduled; you’ll receive a notification from Later to post your pre-designed story
- Does not include conversion tracking or customer tracking
I personally prefer Later over Hootsuite because it works for what I need here at Nettle Creative. Plus, I am a very visual person, so Later’s sleeker platform + the ability to visually see what my posts will look like once they’re live is super important to me! That being said, Hootsuite is still a wonderful platform, and if it works for your business, then that’s all that matters!
Did you know…
Nettle Creative offers social media assistance and management!
These days, having a presence on social media is an integral part of running a business. Not only will it help you attract new customers and partners, but a well thought out strategy can help you drive the conversation around your business, build awareness around your brand, and connect with a wide (and right!) audience.